Monday, November 29, 2010

Finallly coming to about Reconstruction for me

I have been bitten by the cancer bug for the past 10 years. I have had 2 reoccurences , going thru chemo time and time again. I am know finally after 7 years deciding on going thru with reconstruction.
I was unable to with my first bout go straight to reconstruction. My doctors ordered me to go straight to chemo and radiation, and I felt a need to at the time take their direction. So I did.
After dealing with a double mastectomy, and the healing of that, I could only think of getting as far away from anything I could of had to do with cancer or hospitals or doctors etc. etc.etc.
Honestly, I was still married at the time and my husband did not seem to care which made it easier for me to decide to let it go for now. So I did.
Three years later and now after my second reoccurence I am looking at the possibility of getting new breasts finally, Reconstruction. I have to say there is so much to learn about the subject, and everyone is different, body type, etc. Even doctors have different ideas of how to do it depending on how your body is shaped.
I have very little skin on my left side, it is so tight due to surgery and scar tissue , and on my right side alot more skin, a little fat, so I would imagine it will be different.
I am not afraid of the surgery but a little anxious on how it may look in the end.
I will keep you posted on my research and when it all comes to fruition.
Keep posted for now, it is a whole new ballgame from here, a whole new world will open up I am sure.
Maureen

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Want to stay connected? You can subscribe to Change Alive via Feedburner or follow Ilona on Twitter.

0 comments:

Later/Newer Posts Previous/Older Posts Return Home

Search Our Site

Legal Notice

The information presented on this web site is based on news reports, medical and government documents, and personal analysis. It does NOT represent therapeutic prescription or recommendation. For specific advice and information, consult your health care provider.

Comments at Change Alive do not necessarily represent the editor's views. Illegal or inappropriate material will be removed when brought to our attention. The existence of such does not reflect an endorsement.



This site contains at times large portions of copyrighted material not specifically authorized by the copyright owner. This material is used for educational purposes, to forward understanding of issues that concern veterans and military families. In accordance with U.S. Copyright Law Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit. More information.