Thursday, July 8, 2010

Happy Birthday...to Me!

Today is my birthday!!!


I am always thankful for another day and another year.

Having an illness like cancer makes it even more important to live in the moment, one day at time, and I have to admit, I forget that often.

I remember when I was first diagnosed back in 2000, I will never forget driving my car one night with the windows down, air seemed so crystal clear, and the radio was playing, and it seemed like it was just me in the world, I blasted that radio so loud, and for minute I felt like I was truely living in the moment. Sounds kind of silly but for some reason that night sticks with me.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Want to stay connected? You can subscribe to Change Alive via Feedburner or follow Ilona on Twitter.

1 comments:

Ilona Meagher July 20, 2010 at 3:23 PM  

Happy belated birthday, Maureen! What a wonderful post; thanks so much for sharing your experience and thoughts here. They are powerful and meaningful...

Great seeing you last week!

Later/Newer Posts Previous/Older Posts Return Home

Search Our Site

Legal Notice

The information presented on this web site is based on news reports, medical and government documents, and personal analysis. It does NOT represent therapeutic prescription or recommendation. For specific advice and information, consult your health care provider.

Comments at Change Alive do not necessarily represent the editor's views. Illegal or inappropriate material will be removed when brought to our attention. The existence of such does not reflect an endorsement.



This site contains at times large portions of copyrighted material not specifically authorized by the copyright owner. This material is used for educational purposes, to forward understanding of issues that concern veterans and military families. In accordance with U.S. Copyright Law Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit. More information.